"Gargoyles & Graffiti"chronicles architectural elements that I find interesting or unique in my travels. Gargoyles are my passion, but today graffiti (which I hate but am learning to love as it is everywhere) is as much a part of architecture as the gargoyles and decorative railings that thrill me.

Saturday, March 12, 2016

Cruise to Cagliari

Photo from Cagliari courtesy of www.thejourneycollector.com
There is nothing I like more than crumbling, earth-toned buildings in Italy - or in this case, Sardinia. What's not to love? I haven't been to Sardinia yet. I adore Italy and I have been to Sicily and found it Heaven on Earth. So Sardinia is the next step!

Photo from Cagliari courtesy of www.thejourneycollector.com

Cagliari is the port town where we will dock for my April 2017 cruise I have on hold. Okay I admit it, I even gave a deposit, when the deposit was only $200 dollars. 

Photo of Cagliari courtesy of Royal Caribbean
Up until recently, Sardinia has not been a common port on the Western Med cruise route. But with the unrest in Tunisia, it seems to have been added and it is one of the main reasons I chose this cruise, of course on Holland America, which I love. It is actually (2) seven day cruises back to back leaving from Barcelona, arriving in Barcelona and stopping for one day at Barcelona in the middle. I am psyched.

No comments:

Post a Comment