"Gargoyles & Graffiti"chronicles architectural elements that I find interesting or unique in my travels. Gargoyles are my passion, but today graffiti (which I hate but am learning to love as it is everywhere) is as much a part of architecture as the gargoyles and decorative railings that thrill me.

Sunday, November 15, 2015

Thinking of Paris

me and Moises at Versailles 2002
My heart goes out to all the people around the world who lost somebody in the terrible tragedies in Paris this week. No words can begin to describe what we are all feeling - anger, shock, disbelief. I remember our one and only trip to Paris in 2002. We have not been back, as I was sure we could never recreate such a fairy tale trip. It was our most romantic vacation.

me at the Hotel California

Younger and much thinner then, Moises took a photo of me in the lobby of our hotel. Between all the amazing architecture and the Louvre, we were so impressed. And we loved the people of Paris. They were amazing. Now understand my husband speaks five languages, which goes a long way in Paris. We never once found anyone rude or abrupt. I have a harder time navigating the streets of New York. They aren't really rude, just always in a hurry. 


One of the architectural wonders of Paris
Stay safe, get well and hope to see you again one day. Take care, dear friends of France, and I really hope things get back to normal soon. The world has gone crazy. Let's hope we can right these troubled times.

No comments:

Post a Comment