"Gargoyles & Graffiti"chronicles architectural elements that I find interesting or unique in my travels. Gargoyles are my passion, but today graffiti (which I hate but am learning to love as it is everywhere) is as much a part of architecture as the gargoyles and decorative railings that thrill me.

Sunday, August 31, 2014

Friendliest Crew on the Seas: Holland America Line

Dining staff including a manager on HAL Nieuw Amsterdam
Hats off to the crew of Holland America! I find their staff to be so friendly. They are super well-trained and very polite as well. We had such a wonderful Transatlantic crossing, and a lot of that was due to the great crew.


Our wonderful maitre'd

Our fab cabin steward

We also were so well taken care of by our team of cabin stewards. I need to dig out their names. Here is one of them here. He could make over 40 towel animals. Every night we got to enjoy a new one!


Lavinia our spa receiptionist and friend on the left
We also made friends with the spa receptionist, Lavinia. She even went with us on a private tour of Gibraltar. She greeted us each day and spent time with us. Her smile and welcoming ways always made our day. We will see her again in October here at our home town of Cozumel!


No comments:

Post a Comment