"Gargoyles & Graffiti"chronicles architectural elements that I find interesting or unique in my travels. Gargoyles are my passion, but today graffiti (which I hate but am learning to love as it is everywhere) is as much a part of architecture as the gargoyles and decorative railings that thrill me.

Sunday, April 27, 2014

Transatlantic Professional Photos Part 1

me, Moises and Jimena

Here we are after making our way to the Fort Lauderdale Port (Port Everglades) to embark on our transatlantic cruise on the Holland America Nieuw Amsterdam. First we spent two nights at the Cambria Suites, which was as nice and comfortable as ever. My only complaint was the menu changes in the restaurant. I liked the old menu with many options of vegetables better. The new menu seems really limited, but the staff are great and we had a productive two days. Mostly we shopped for clothes and Moises got his eyes examined and he got new glasses, seen above.


me and Moises

Jimena on first formal night

Jimena and I spent some time at the hair salon before the first formal night. I had my color done and my hair washed and blown out. Jimena had her hair washed and straightened. Our hair dresser was from the Ukraine, so we discussed the problems there with him while he worked on our hair. I loved how he whipped on his "tool" belt, when he got ready to dry our hair, reminded me of a gunslinger from the Old West.


Dimitro with his tool belt in place

It was a really fun night, very festive with a great dinner in the Manhattan Dining Room. We did Anytime Dining and found it to our liking. We only waited about five minutes one night for a table. Other nights, we were whisked immediately to our four-top table. We were always a party of three.


No comments:

Post a Comment