"Gargoyles & Graffiti"chronicles architectural elements that I find interesting or unique in my travels. Gargoyles are my passion, but today graffiti (which I hate but am learning to love as it is everywhere) is as much a part of architecture as the gargoyles and decorative railings that thrill me.

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Praetorian Palace of Koper, Slovenia

Praetorian Palace courtyard at Koper, Slovenia
I found the architecture and design of Koper, Slovenia to be amazing and unique. Above is a well that is in an inner court yard of the Praetorian Palace. More info on the Palace can be found on Wikipedia, follow the link above.

Another architectural detail of the Praetorian Palace

And another architectural detail 
The style is considered Venetian Gothic. It was once part of the Venetican Republic.

Sun motif prevalent thoughout Palace
The sun motif was something I saw throughout the Praetorian Palace at Koper, Slovenia. I took the inside tour, which was not really all that impressive, as only a few rooms were open to the general public. Getting out and about and seeing the town was way more exciting!


No comments:

Post a Comment