"Gargoyles & Graffiti"chronicles architectural elements that I find interesting or unique in my travels. Gargoyles are my passion, but today graffiti (which I hate but am learning to love as it is everywhere) is as much a part of architecture as the gargoyles and decorative railings that thrill me.

Thursday, January 30, 2014

HAL Nieuw Amsterdam on Cozumel Island


So our cruise is all set, and we are psyched. We are going on a transatlantic cruise on Holland America Nieuw Amsterdam. My husband and our niece are going too, with stops in Horta, Portugal, Gibraltar and Motril, Alicante and Palma de Mallorca, Spain ... before arriving at Barcelona! 

So to my utter surprise and delight, what sat docked in Cozumel when we went to lunch at Chi downtown today, but our ship ... the Nieuw Amsterdam. I love Holland America, and one of the main reasons is the awesome crew. Hailing mostly from Indonesia and the Philippines, the crew are just amazing ... warm and well-trained, always with a smile and a kind word.

I introduced myself to a few of the guys off the Nieuw Amsterdam shown above. Can't wait to see them again in April! Thanks for being so awesome even off-duty. You should be proud, Holland America!

No comments:

Post a Comment