"Gargoyles & Graffiti"chronicles architectural elements that I find interesting or unique in my travels. Gargoyles are my passion, but today graffiti (which I hate but am learning to love as it is everywhere) is as much a part of architecture as the gargoyles and decorative railings that thrill me.

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Celebrity Silhouette Transatlantic



This video has to be one of the most beautiful I have ever watched from YouTube. It is a sail away from Venice on the Celebrity Silhouette. I was convinced that the transatlantic cruise Moises and I should do is the Spanish Serenade on the Equinox, another Solstice class ship from Celebrity. But the more I investigate, I am drawn to the Italian Classic Transatlantic on the Silhouette. What a beautiful ship and what a fabulous itinerary. I am drawn to the itinerary for November 1st, 2014.


Silhouette Quasar night club courtesy of FloridaAgenda.com


It leaves from Rome and I would love to spend a few days in Tarquinia first. Tarquinia is the spot where there are 6,000 Etruscan graves at the Necropolis. More information on this wonderful UNESCO World Heritage site can be found here.


Tarquinia mural courtesy of UNESCO World Heritage site


The cruise travels to Livorno, where you can go to either Florence or Pisa ... also Toulon, France in Provence, Barcelona, Palma de Mallorca and Tenerife in the Canary Islands before crossing to Fort Lauderdale. It is an awesome itinerary on a beautiful almost new ship. What's not to love.


Cathedral Palma de Mallorca


More information can be found on the Silhouette (Solstice class ship) on Celebrity Cruise Lines website.


No comments:

Post a Comment