"Gargoyles & Graffiti"chronicles architectural elements that I find interesting or unique in my travels. Gargoyles are my passion, but today graffiti (which I hate but am learning to love as it is everywhere) is as much a part of architecture as the gargoyles and decorative railings that thrill me.

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Palacio del Marques de Dos Aguas at Valencia

Front entrance doors of the Palacio del Marques de Dos Aguas
One of our stops on our western Transatlantic cruise will be Valencia, Spain. I always spend a lot time researching all the sites before we go, angsting over which ones will make the best tour. I had a friend comment recently that he thinks cruises in Europe are not good as you spend so little time in port. Maybe it is because I do so much research ahead, but I thoroughly enjoy the time in European ports and always feel like I picked the best tour possible. I have often felt I would want to go back for another visit, but I never felt the day was not long enough. Of course I tend to pick longer tours, typically 8 to 9 hours when available.

Exterior of the Palacio del Marques de Dos Aguas

One thing that caught my eye at Valencia, Spain is a building called the Palacio del Marques de Dos Aguas. It houses a ceramic museum and is the 6th best rated attraction on TripAdvisor UK. The roccoco exterior is incredible. More information can be found here. I have no idea whether we can get there from our cruise, but I want to see it if I can. Truly a gargoyle paradise!



Interior display at the Palacio del Marques de Dos Aguas

No comments:

Post a Comment