"Gargoyles & Graffiti"chronicles architectural elements that I find interesting or unique in my travels. Gargoyles are my passion, but today graffiti (which I hate but am learning to love as it is everywhere) is as much a part of architecture as the gargoyles and decorative railings that thrill me.

Thursday, August 1, 2013

Lusting After Funchal, Madeira at Portugal

Funchal, Madeira at Portugal
My husband and I are finally taking the plunge and looking in to a transatlantic cruise from Barcelona. I have been lusting after a visit to the Canary Islands. My husband wants to do a transatlantic. That is one cruise I prefer not to do solo, so we have combined both ideas and come up with an itinerary that goes to the Canary Islands and then arrives in Fort Lauderdale.

Major avenue at Funchal

Market at Funchal, Madeira


In my research, I stumbled on Funchal, Madeira. It is a stop on quite a few transatlantic including Princess and Holland America. We are looking at Celebrity and they don't stop there. But there are so many other wonderful spots on their transatlantic cruises, I can do this island another time. I will put a Canary Island itinerary on my bucket list.

Beautiful avenue at Funchal

Funicular at Funchal



One of my favorite things - a funicular. If you would like more information about Funchal, please click here. Information provided by wikipedia wikitravel.



No comments:

Post a Comment