"Gargoyles & Graffiti"chronicles architectural elements that I find interesting or unique in my travels. Gargoyles are my passion, but today graffiti (which I hate but am learning to love as it is everywhere) is as much a part of architecture as the gargoyles and decorative railings that thrill me.

Saturday, July 6, 2013

Celebrity Eclipse

Bergen, Norway
Sorry for the time that has elapsed since my last post, but I have been a girl on a mission. I wanted to locate a cruise for next year and lock it in. It gives me something to look forward to when I am working so hard. I am going to Norway and decided to try out Celebrity Cruise Lines again. I have not cruised with them since May of 2004, when Moises and I went to Alaska.

I angsted over whether to do a Transatlantic, but I know me. I love ports, hate sea days and look forward to my time off the ship. I guess I may  have settled down and read some books, but I truly believe I would have spent most of the time thinking of all I could have been doing if I had picked a different cruise.


Another view of Bergen, Norway

So now I am heading to Norway, kind of a compromise between a Transatlantic and the Med cruises I dreamed of going on. We loved our Alaska cruise and this should also be spectacular scenery. It also goes out of Southampton, so every place I go will be new to me.

I can begin to count down the days!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful ship. You will have a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Heather. I think so too. Now I am also going on a transatlantic with Moises, so I get the best of both worlds!

    ReplyDelete