"Gargoyles & Graffiti"chronicles architectural elements that I find interesting or unique in my travels. Gargoyles are my passion, but today graffiti (which I hate but am learning to love as it is everywhere) is as much a part of architecture as the gargoyles and decorative railings that thrill me.

Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Tour to Montserrat

From the bus approaching Montserrat
There are many ways to get to Montserrat. I went on a bus tour that left early afternoon from Barcelona for a half day tour. You can also get there by train and then a cable car to get to the top. The day was cool and crisp. The sun shone bright and the sky was the most beautiful shade of blue with just a few clouds. 




Near Montserrat




Cable for cable car at Montserrat



Montserrat Lookout area

View from lookout area at Montserrat


Once there, again you have a lot of options of things to see. I chose to visit the Monastery and completely missed the Museum, by accident. The highlight of my visit was the Black Virgin and the beautiful Cathedral. More to follow in another post.



Black Virgin






Montserrat Cathedral















1 comment:

  1. This really makes me want to go there. I love the photo of the Black Madonna.

    ReplyDelete