"Gargoyles & Graffiti"chronicles architectural elements that I find interesting or unique in my travels. Gargoyles are my passion, but today graffiti (which I hate but am learning to love as it is everywhere) is as much a part of architecture as the gargoyles and decorative railings that thrill me.

Monday, December 29, 2014

Memories of Nice #2

Flowers in window at Nice
Looking back, I really enjoyed our walking tour of Nice. It was just such a whirlwind of new experiences that I was slightly taken aback. For instance, when I visited Portofino, it was incredible. Not only was it gorgeous, but the best part for me was that it is small. I only had to take in a little bit to drink up its beauty. But a place like Nice, with its traffic, grime and smells - takes a bit more getting used to. I do hope I get to go back one day and stay awhile.


Woman beggar on steps of a Church at Nice

Within one block, we saw a woman begging for money on the steps of a Church. Walk a bit and there is an amazing upscale art gallery. Nice is like that!


Art gallery at Nice
A shot of Pascal's hand as we were leaving Nice
Back on the bus leaving Nice, I tried to capture a shot of a beautiful building with sky blue shutters. Instead I got Pascal's hand. Thought it came out great, as if to say "Bye, bye Nice!"

1 comment: