"Gargoyles & Graffiti"chronicles architectural elements that I find interesting or unique in my travels. Gargoyles are my passion, but today graffiti (which I hate but am learning to love as it is everywhere) is as much a part of architecture as the gargoyles and decorative railings that thrill me.

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Gargoyles Reborn: Cathedral at Barcelona



Cathedral at Barcelona
Baptistry


I felt as if the gargoyles were reborn while entering the old Cathedral at Barcelona, Spain. I visited on the 1st of May, which is May Day and in Europe ... it is celebrated big. Nothing was open except the Churches, the hotels and some restaurants - even the department stores and museums were closed. So I went back to the Cathedral I loved and took some interior shots. I paid extra to get in to the best areas. Well worth it. 





1 comment: