"Gargoyles & Graffiti"chronicles architectural elements that I find interesting or unique in my travels. Gargoyles are my passion, but today graffiti (which I hate but am learning to love as it is everywhere) is as much a part of architecture as the gargoyles and decorative railings that thrill me.

Saturday, February 6, 2016

Scariest Gargoyles in The Netherlands

Gargoyle in Utrecht, The Netherlands by Bartiktom




I am very pleased to see that we now have a big audience on this blog from The Netherlands. In honor of our friends from The Netherlands, I would like to post two great gargoyle photos from this area. I have to say they are the scariest gargoyles that I have ever seen. Paris has some pretty scary ones too but don't compare for the terror factor.


If you are the owner of any of these photos, please contact me by comment and I will be sure to credit you. I did the best I could with the information found on the photos online. As my blog is a labor of love, not for money, I just would like credit on my photos wherever possible, nothing more, and hope to do the same.


Gargoyle, Haarzuilens, Netherlands






I was in Amsterdam at the end of a Rhine Cruise from Basel to Amersterdam. Great place, especially loved the museum area ... We stayed near the Van Gogh, which no American can properly pronounce. I highly recommend it. It was everything I had hoped for. More information on the Van Gogh Museum in Amsterdam can be found here.



1 comment: